Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

#2130 closed defect (fixed)

"Unknown key" when mapping input.conf for non-QWERTY keyboard

Reported by: coiffier.ni@… Owned by: reimar
Priority: normal Component: core
Version: HEAD Severity: minor
Keywords: Cc: coiffier.ni@…
Blocked By: Blocking:
Reproduced by developer: Analyzed by developer:

Description

For non-QWERTY keyboard, when I tried to change the keys in the $HOME/.mplayer/input.conf file, non ASCII character don't work.

Mine is a French keyboard with "ç", "é", "è" or "à", and the error is "Unknown key 'ç'" for example.

Tested with the lastest SVN-version.

MPlayer SVN-r35933-4.7.2 (C) 2000-2013 MPlayer Team
Unknown key 'ç'

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by coiffier.ni@…

  • Cc coiffier.ni@… added

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by reimar

I just sent a patch to the -dev-eng list to support this.
Testing welcome.

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by coiffier.ni@…

I applied the patch on the lastest version (MPlayer SVN-r35952-4.7.2)

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2013-March/071474.html

It didn't fix the problem: no more "Unknown key 'ç'" error, but nothing is happening when pressing the key. (and no "No bind found for key 'ç'" error).

Extract from my $HOME/.mplayer/input.conf:
ç volume -1
à volume 1

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by reimar

Did you try with the video or the console window having focus?
Also do you have the en_US.utf8 locale installed (run locale -a to check), the X part will not work without. I could change it to use C.UTF-8, but that is available even more rarely...
The console part will require you to run a utf8 terminal (though for your specific character it should work even with latin1 by pure luck).

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by coiffier.ni@…

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Thanks for the advice. Indeed it was a locale problem. After installing en_US.UTF8 it is now working (it wasn't working with only fr_FR.UTF8)

comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by reimar

Patch was committed in r35961.
One change was that it now tries C.UTF-8 first and then goes on to en_US.utf8.
At least one of those still needs to be installed for it to work.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.