Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

#2162 closed defect (fixed)

Mplayer's "title" in Pulseaudio

Reported by: chris@… Owned by: reimar
Priority: normal Component: ao
Version: HEAD Severity: normal
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Reproduced by developer: Analyzed by developer:

Description

So, I've been playing a lot of youtube videos in mplayer recently (via. youtube-dl -g), and I've gotta say, I'm loving it -- mplayer's new HTTP seeking feature is awesome.

There's a slight cosmetic problem, however. When mplayer registers itself with pulseaudio, it provides a title for the process (by using the current filename or URL that it's playing). The youtube URL is so long that when I open the pulseaudio volume mixer, it stretches it 3 monitors wide:

http://chris.ill-logic.com/images/mplayer-pulse-title.png

This is obviously a glitch in the pulseaudio mixer, but it would be nice if mplayer used the window title (supplied with the -title option) instead of the URL (if the user provided it).

(My wrapper script puts the youtube video's title in the mplayer window title. You can see it here: https://github.com/epitron/scripts/blob/master/play )

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by reimar

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Implemented in r36504.

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by chris@…

Wow! That was fast! :D

Thanks!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.