Opened 11 years ago

Last modified 11 years ago

#577 new defect

ID_VIDEO_ASPECT field no longer accurate

Reported by: zep01@… Owned by: reimar
Priority: normal Component: core
Version: 1.0pre8 Severity: normal
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Reproduced by developer: Analyzed by developer:

Description

I have written a video transcoding script which, among other things, makes
rather extensive usage of MPlayer's nice -identify feature. Specifically, I am
using a command line similar to

mplayer -vo null -ao null -vc dummy -dvd-device /dev/hda dvd://1 -identify
-frames 0 2>&1 | grep ID_VIDEO_ASPECT

to determine the aspect ratio of the video in title 1 of the DVD.
Unfortunately, while this behavior worked quite nicely in 1.0pre7, 1.0pre8
always produces an ID_VIDEO_ASPECT value of 0.000, regardless of the source. As
I'm sure one can guess, this plays merry havoc on a script which is resizing the
source video.

I took the liberty of checking out a number of different builds of MPlayer using
svn checkout -r "{$day}" svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer as I was
instructed at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_regression_test.html I managed
to determine that the code at the beginning of May 10, 2006 performed as
expected but that the code at the beginning of May 11, 2006 did not. I am not
overly familiar with how Subversion handles these sorts of time stamps when
checking out and, as I did not explicitly specify a time zone, I thought I'd
mention that my machine is set to a local time zone of EST (in case in matters).

If any additional information is required, please feel free to contact me at
zpalmer@…. Thanks for reading!

Change History (0)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.