Opened 15 years ago

Closed 13 years ago

Last modified 13 years ago

#61 closed defect (worksforme)

DivX4 compatibility in XviD detection not working

Reported by: luigiwalser@… Owned by: moritz@…
Priority: normal Component: demuxer
Version: HEAD Severity: normal
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Reproduced by developer: Analyzed by developer:

Description

System info. available in bug 60.

Ok, I code the xvidcore-0.9.2 release checked out from CVS. The directory is
called xvidcore, and I made it a subdirectory of the Mplayer-20040814
directory. I did:
cd xvidcore/build/generic
./bootstrap.sh
./configure --enable-divx4compat
make
cd -

Now, when I run this for mplayer:
./configure --with-xvidlibdir=xvidcore/build/generic
--with-xvidincdir=xvidcore/src --with-extraincdir=xvidcore/src

I get this:
Checking for XviD ... yes
Checking for DivX4 compatibility in XviD ... no

If I look in configure.log I see:
#include <divx4.h>
int main(void) { (void) decore(0, 0, 0, 0); return 0; }

cc -Ixvidcore/src /root/tmp/mplayer-conf-14313-11612.c
-o /root/tmp/mplayer-c
onf-31739-11612.o -lm -Lxvidcore/build/generic -lxvidcore -lm
/root/tmp/cc2NdPhh.o(.text+0x19): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `decore'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

ldd /root/tmp/mplayer-conf-31739-11612.o
ldd: /root/tmp/mplayer-conf-31739-11612.o: No such file or directory

Result is: no
##########################################

But this is very strange, because look at this:
[root@luigi MPlayer-20040814]# cat foo.c
#include <divx4.h>
int main(void) { (void) decore(0, 0, 0, 0); return 0; }

Ok, I made my own file foo.c with the same code that configure is trying to
compile. I will now try to compile it with the exact same command:
cc -Ixvidcore/src foo.c -o foo.o -lm -Lxvidcore/build/generic -lxvidcore -lm

and it works just fine! I don't understand why it doesn't work from within
configure.

If you're curious as to why I'm even doing this rather than relying on the
divx support in libavcodec, I have a DivX4 file that used to play smoothly
(earlier Mandrake release, and mplayer's 0.60 and 0.90rc3 IIRC) and there I
had both xvidcore and divxcore, though I can't remember which I used (or if it
was both). With stock mplayer CVS now, I'm probably getting 0.5 fps video
playback or something.

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 15 years ago by reimar

Now, when I run this for mplayer:
./configure --with-xvidlibdir=xvidcore/build/generic
--with-xvidincdir=xvidcore/src --with-extraincdir=xvidcore/src

Sorry, a bit late, but you must _always_ specify absolute paths here!!
Even if configure worked, compilation would not.

comment:2 Changed 15 years ago by luigiwalser@…

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that. Still sounds like a bug though.

comment:3 Changed 15 years ago by luigiwalser@…

Ok, I tried that and it didn't work.

comment:4 Changed 14 years ago by dominik@…

Is this still reproducible with latest CVS? I mean: is the file played too slow
with latest libavcodec? If so, please upload a sample to
ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/

Please show the ./configure command for MPlayer that you used the last time, too.

comment:5 Changed 14 years ago by luigiwalser@…

Ok, I'm not exactly sure where to go with this one.

It's been a while since I was working on this, so I don't remember much, but
I'd assume from the earlier comments the last ./configure I used was the same
as I had given before, just with absolute paths instead of relative paths.

An interesting thing I've discovered is that the file plays just fine with xv
output, it's only super-slow with GL output. I know it used to work fine at
some point in the past with GL output, so maybe it's the GL output that's
broken, and not libavcodec. The strange thing is that it would exhibit it so
much in just one particular file, that doesn't really make sense.

Anyway, given that, let me know what else you need or want me to do. Thanks.

comment:6 Changed 13 years ago by diego@…

  • Component changed from core to demuxer
  • Owner changed from alex@… to moritz@…

comment:7 Changed 13 years ago by diego@…

  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from new to closed

Since the problem seems to have gone away, I'm resolving this as WORKSFORME.
Reopen the bug if you still have problems.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.